Favorite Book

Last post 06-12-2009 12:21 PM by Star Dust. 1072 replies.
Page 72 of 72 (1073 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Favorite Book

The previews look a little darker and more intense than the L,W & W... of course, it would have to be to follow the book.
    Fluffy Cow
    • Post Points: 25
  • 04-17-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Had to bring this back, it's been too long!

Has anyone been reading anything interesting lately?  I just started The Last of the Mohicans.

Has anyone tried this speed reading program, Speed Reading 4 Kids?  We have been doing it, and it really does work!  I love it!!

Esther

"My country is there

Beyond the star pricked with the last peak of snow." ~E.B. Browning

• 04-20-2008 5:55 PM In reply to

Thanks Star Dust, it has been awhile.

Last of the Mohicans was really good, so was Deerslayer, and Pathfinder, which were also in the series.

I am reading an older series, not exactly sure how old, called Frank Merriwell. They are pretty good books, something is always happening, and they are pretty funny too, some parts leave me laughing. They are about a boy that goes to a military school, and all of the adventures he has there.

No, still haven't tried the speed-reading, sounds like it works though! 

ACBookworm

" Arf Arf, Aren't I beautiful!
  • 04-30-2008 12:29 PM In reply to

Hooray, more book talk! Big Smile

That speed-reading program sounds quite interesting! How fast can you read now, Star Dust?

I recently finished So Much More, Know What & Why You Believe, and a couple Lamplighter books. I like the sound of those Frank Merriwell books, Abby! I just did a quick search for them on Project Gutenberg, and found some of them. Hopefully I'll have time soon to read them.

Acorn
    • Post Points: 15
  • 11-07-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

oooookay. you asked for it. i really dont have a favorite book; they all come in series!!Big Smile 

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. Except for us elves who live forever.
  • 11-07-2008 8:22 PM In reply to

Hentyfan!!!!!!  Hello! Big Smile  How are you?  Haven't talked to you in ages! :)

Speaking of series, I just read Guns of Thunder and Guns of the Lion...I loved them!!!  Cannot wait for the next in the series, but it looks like it will be a while.

Esther

"My country is there

• 11-08-2008 9:50 AM In reply to

Hi Stardust!! do you like my new avatar? I haven't been on here since school started.  Before then, i think.  Everything is different now!!!! 

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. Except for us elves who live forever.
  • 06-12-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

*BUMP* Smile

Decided to bring this ancient thread back!  I don't know if you all saw this on the CCL forum... http://steeplemedia.com/forums/t/15426.aspx

I'd love to read how others fill it out.  It takes a while, but it's fun!

Esther

"My country is there

• Post Points: 15
Page 72 of 72 (1073 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72