Updates from Jamestown?

Last post 06-12-2007 8:03 PM by Leinahta. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2007 12:21 PM

Updates from Jamestown?

For those continuing the Hunt "on location", would you like to share some of the experience with us back home? I'd love to hear what's happening!

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 35
  • 06-11-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Updates from Jamestown?

Same here!

Northwest Agent
    • Post Points: 25
  • 06-11-2007 3:41 PM In reply to

Well we got there to register buuuuut we were in line for a half hour, and a guy came over and said that they were getting a ton of questions, so they were going to extend the regersting time, and that you could come back between 10 and 12 so we will be back then.

Josh

Robert Rogers' Rules of Ranging
  • 06-11-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

Thanks for the update! What's it like there? Lots of people? Have you met anyone from Steeple there?

Northwest Agent
    • Post Points: 15
  • 06-11-2007 4:07 PM In reply to

99th post

Northwest Agent
  • 06-11-2007 4:15 PM In reply to

100!!!

I know, I have not been much of a "poster" but I am slowly getting my number higher!

Has anyone else seen "The Lost Colony", an episode from the Daniel Boone series? It is about the lost colony of Roanoke--really funny! According to the story, the colony of Roanoke was attacked by Indians and only a few survived, migrated to Kentucky and lived in the hills like cave men/women. One day, one of the girls ran away and came across Daniel Boone and after a while ended up visiting Boonesborough. Her "husband-to-be" came after her and saw what it was like to live in a civilized way, so they "rebelled" and went and lived in Boonesborough!

Northwest Agent
  • 06-11-2007 9:17 PM In reply to

We are so excited to be here.  We waited in line about thee and a half hours to registger but got to meet many people including fiveofeach, wymy, Lady Abigail, Matt  (Bansen8), pres5 and several others.  During our time in line the smoke detector was activated LOL.  That was fun LOL.  On our way back the staff at the hotel said if you run maybe you can be first back in line.  It was awesome to see that everyone just got back where they belonged.  Everyone is kind and respectful!!!  We even had the fun of driving through a hail storm!!!!  

we will find out more by 5 am!!! 

• 06-11-2007 10:45 PM In reply to

Monday night 11:37,

We just got back a bit ago from the Hampton Roads Convention Center, kick off. We put the banner up but not many green ribbons were there. We did meet ,

CampingInVa, Justin, Florida Cracker and one of the Homeschool lammas.

We will again have the banner at the VF tent on Sat. morning. So far the weather has been nice and the event very interesting. Everyone is like soemone already posted very respestful and fiiendly.

We will be in Williamburg all day tomorrow with our green ribbons on!

Olive
  • 06-12-2007 8:48 AM In reply to

That's great! Glad to hear everyone arrived safely.

Are you allowed to tell us how the first day of hunting went?

• 06-12-2007 8:03 PM In reply to

I have a second-hand report here. Not sure how accurate it is, but I thought I'd share it.

It seems they spent the day walking up and down Williamsburg "gathering information". Answers are being sent in with the text-messaging feature on cellphones, though there were some problems. Apparently no-one will learn if they made the grade until tomorrow!

How will they sleep? :-)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)