The War Between the States

Last post 07-15-2007 7:04 PM by jt400. 369 replies.
Page 21 of 25 (370 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2007 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: The War Between the States

FloridaCracker:

BTW, I do NOT endorse some of the stuff on that site. It has good info though. Just be carefull with the links on the side of the page.

RG

I just read the article, nothing else.

JBR
    "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

• Post Points: 25
  • 06-28-2007 1:04 PM In reply to

That wich of a Carpetbagger needs to keep her nose in HER business in NY. NOT SC's business. I vote SC shouold keep the Flag on it's dome. I was ticked when JEB "Carpetbagger" Bush took the Battle Flag from the Dome in Tallahasee, I can't wait till I'm governer mwahahahaha Smile.
    RG

May God Bless the South!

The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.
    ~General Robert E. Lee
    • Post Points: 15
  • 06-28-2007 1:08 PM In reply to

JBR:
    FloridaCracker:

BTW, I do NOT endorse some of the stuff on that site. It has good info though. Just be carefull with the links on the side of the page.

RG

I just read the article, nothing else.

You should read the other ones wich say "Pledge of Allegiance Pics" EXCEPT the very bottom one, wich says no minors. They should be on the top left.

May God Bless the South!

The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.
    ~General Robert E. Lee
  • 06-28-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

May I interject here to remind everyone that we try not to resort to name calling of one another, so I see no reason to lower this conversation to such tactics reguarding the President or anyone else.  I am sure points can be made without it in a more Christ like manner.

Fluffy Cow
  • 06-28-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

As for the Hillary link... I am in no way surprised. She has shown herself to use any means possible to try to get as many votes as possible. One day she is speaking in support of all things Southern (In a fake accent, no less) the next day, this. I have observed it in all aspects of her campaign so far.
    Fluffy Cow
  • 06-28-2007 1:47 PM In reply to

Sorry......I got carried away.

RG

May God Bless the South!

~General Robert E. Lee
  • 06-28-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

FloridaCracker:
    LOL! I've been meaning too :D. That's good to be a good shot, where were you trained? I guess I've got 2 years on ya Sonyy Boy ;).
    Trained by the Continental Army re-enactors in discipline.  Trained by 2 former soldiers in shooting.  : )

Daniel 

777Architect777

Submission is the key to heaven.

• 06-28-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

JBR:
    Lady Abigail:

Speaking of Clinton, check this out!

ABSOLUTELY PREPOSTEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!

The South Carolina flag came down from the dome years ago.  We live a couple hours from Columbia. I remember seeing it just before they moved it.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/confederate4.html

Ru
  • 06-28-2007 9:03 PM In reply to

knight of rook:
    Like he threw in jail francis Scott Keys, was it his grandson? For speaking for the south. Other Confederates, is what I stated above true? Just wanted to confirm, I am learning here.

You are exactly right that Lincoln threw people in jail for not agreeing with him. In fact he even suspended Habeas Corpus (right to a trial)! Article 1 Section 9 of the US Constitution says “The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.” The power to suspend Habeas Corpus was vested in the congress under article 1 (which deals with congress VS. article 2 that deals with the president). Thus Lincoln violated the Constitution to suspend Habeas Corpus. This gave way to massive amounts of arrests in the north of newspaper men, state officials (Maryland), and anyone who disagreed with his policies. Although there is no exact record of the total number arrested during the Civil War, the Commissary General of prisoners listed 13,535 citizens arrested from February 1862 to April 1865.  Sir ValiantP.S. The grandson of Francis Scott Key was thrown in jail (Fort McHenry of all places!) for questioning Lincoln’s policy publicly in a newspaper.

• Post Points: 35
  • 06-28-2007 9:16 PM In reply to

OK, I like to believe that the South will rise again, but will it really? Our government is so tight that I wonder if we could actually get away with it. My Dad dosen't think that the south will rise again,  would like to know what everyone thinks, but I will have to find out tomorow for I have to go now.

ACBookworm

" Arf Arf, Aren't I beautiful!
  • 06-29-2007 10:16 AM In reply to

Well, Dr.Joe Morecraft explained in Patriots vs. Tories that a rebellion now days would get us all dead but I think it's because the "UN" is taking guns away. There is checks and balances but IF those checks and balances don't work there's always a fourth party called the people.

Randy

777Architect777

Submission is the key to heaven.

• 06-29-2007 12:14 PM In reply to

So do you think that secesion could be practical now a days?

I don't know if it is or not, half of me thinks that it could happen, and the other half dosen't.Confused

ACBookworm

• 06-29-2007 12:21 PM In reply to

LAAIW#%%3@

www.ladyabigail90.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/LadyAbigail90
  • 06-29-2007 12:40 PM In reply to

AMEN!!!

Big Smile

I know where you got that one Wink

JBR

• 06-29-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

Thats true, now we just need to know if God is for the South rising again.

ACBookworm

Page 21 of 25 (370 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last »