12-14 Dish: Golden Globe Nominations here!!
Busy, Busy, Busy. That’s all I have to say.
'Babel,' 'The Departed' Lead Golden Globe
Nominations for the 64th annual Golden Globe Awards were
announced in Los Angeles.
'The Departed' were among the movies garnering the most nominations.
Clint Eastwood got two nominations for Best Director for his
World War II related movies this year. Helen Mirren was nominated for Best
Actress for her role in 'Queen.'
The complete list of nominees is as follows:
Best Motion Picture - Drama:
- 'The Departed'
- 'Little Children'
- 'The Queen'
Best Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical:
- 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of
- 'The Devil Wears Prada'
- 'Little Miss Sunshine'
- 'Thank You for Smoking'
Best Actor in a Drama:
- Leonardo DiCaprio ('Blood Diamond' & 'The Departed')
- Peter O'Toole ('Venus')
- Will Smith ('The Pursuit of Happiness')
- Forest Whitaker ('The Last King of Scotland')
Best Actress in a Drama:
- Penelope Cruz ('Volver')
- Judi Dench ('Notes on a Scandal')
- Maggie Gyllenhaal ('Sherry Baby')
- Helen Mirren ('The Queen')
- Kate Winslet ('Little Children')
Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical:
- Sasha Baron Cohen ('Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit
Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan')
- Johnny Depp ('Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest')
- Aaron Eckhart ('Thank You for Smoking')
- Chiwetel Ejiofor ('Kinky Boots')
- Will Ferrell ('Stranger Than Fiction')
Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical:
- Annette Bening ('Running with Scissors')
- Toni Collette ('Little Miss Sunshine')
- Beyonce Knowles ('Dreamgirls')
- Meryl Streep ('The Devil Wears Prada')
- Renee Zellweger ('Miss Potter')
- Clint Eastwood ('Flags of Our Fathers' and 'Letters From Iwo Jima')
- Stephen Frears ('The Queen')
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu ('Babel')
- Martin Scorsese ('The Departed')
Best Supporting Actor:
- Ben Affleck ('Hollywoodland')
- Eddie Murphy ('Dreamgirls')
- Jack Nicholson ('The Departed')
- Brad Pitt ('Babel')
- Mark Wahlberg ('The Departed')
Best Supporting Actress:
- Adriana Barraza ('Babel')
- Cate Blanchett ('Notes on a Scandal')
- Emily Blunt ('The Devil Wears Prada')
- Jennifer Hudson ('Dreamgirls')
- Kikuchi Rinko ('Babel')
- 'Little Children'
- 'The Departed'
- 'The Queen'
Best Animated Feature Film:
- 'Happy Feet'
- 'Monster House'
Best Foreign Language Film:
- 'Apocalypto' (USA)
- 'Letters From Iwo Jima' (USA/JAPAN)
- 'The Lives of Others' (GERMANY)
- 'Volver' (SPAIN)
Best Original Score - Motion Picture: - Alexandre Desplat - 'The
- Clint Mansell - 'The Fountain'
- Gustavo Santaolalla - 'Babel'
- Hans Zimmer Code - The Da Vinci Code
Best Original Song - Motion Picture: - "A Father's Way" -
'The Pursuit of Happyness'
- "Listen" - 'Dreamgirls'
- "Never Gonna Break My Faith" - 'Bobby' - "The Song of the
Heart" - 'Happy Feet'
- "Try Not to Remember" - 'Home of the Brave'
Best TV Series - Drama: - "24" (FOX)
- "Big Love" (HBO)
- "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC)
- "Heroes" (NBC)
- "Lost" (ABC)
Best Actress in a TV Drama: - Patricia Arquette ("Medium")
- Edie Falco ("The Sopranos")
- Evangeline Lilly ("Lost")
- Ellen Pompeo ("Grey's Anatomy")
- Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer")
Best Actor in a TV Drama: - Patrick Dempsey ("Grey's
- Michael C. Hall ("Dexter")
- Hugh Laurie ("House")
- Bill Paxton ("Big Love")
- Kiefer Sutherland ("24")
Best TV Series – Comedy or Musical - "Desperate Housewives"
- "Entourage" (HBO)
- "The Office" (NBC)
- "Ugly Betty" (ABC)
- "Weeds" (SHOWTIME)
Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical: - Marcia Cross ("Desperate
Ferrera ("Ugly Betty")
- Felicity Huffman ("Desperate Housewives")
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("The New Adventures of Old Christine")
-Mary-Louise Parker ("Weeds")
Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical: - Alec Baldwin ("30
- Zach Braff ("Scrubs")
- Steve Carrell ("The Office")
- Jason Lee ("My Name is Earl")
- Tony Shalhoub ("Monk")
Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV: - "Bleark
- "Broken Trail: (AMC)
- "Elizabeth I" (HBO)
- "Mrs. Harris" (HBO)
- "Prime Suspect: The Final Act" (PBS)
Best Peformance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for
TV: - Gilliam Anderson ("Bleak House")
- Annette Bening ("Mrs. Harris")
- Hellen Mirren ("Elizabeth I" and "Prime Suspect: The Final
- Sophie Okonedo ("Tsunami, The Aftermath")
Best Peformance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for
TV: - Andrew Braugher ("Thief")
- Robert Duvall ("Broken Trail")
- Michael Ealy ("Sleeper Cell: American Terror")
- Chiwetel Ejiofor ("Tsunami, The Aftermath")
- Ben Kingsley ("Mrs. Harris")
- Bill Nighy ("Gideon's Daughter")
- Matthew Perry ("The Ron Clark Story")
Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made
for TV: - Emily Blunt ("Gideon's Daughter")
- Toni Collette ("Tsunami, The Aftermath")
- Katherine Heigl ("Grey's Anatomy")
- Sarah Paulson ("Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip")
- Elizabeth Perkins ("Weeds")
Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for
TV: - Thomas Haden Church
- Jeremy Irons ("Elizabeth I")
- Justin Kirk ("Weeds")
- Masi Oka ("Heroes")
-Jeremy Piven ("Entourage")
Ahmet Ertegun of
Atlantic Records Dies…
Ahmet Ertegun, the Turkish diplomat's son who shaped popular
music in the United States
by founding Atlantic Records, died Thursday of a brain injury at 83.
Ertegun never recovered from a fall Oct. 29 at former U.S.
President Bill Clinton's 60th birthday party at the Beacon Theater in New York, The New York
Times reported. Ertegun was backstage waiting for the Rolling Stones, one of
the many groups he signed for Atlantic.
Report: Tara Conner
to be Stripped of Miss USA
Beauty queen Tara Conner may be on the verge of having her
Miss USA crown taken away for inappropriate behavior.
Pageant organizers are reportedly unhappy with the
20-year-old Kentucky native's conduct in a
series of New York City
Website TMZ.com claims officials are extremely unhappy with
the current Miss USA's
conduct in public and their rules allow them to strip her of the Miss USA title.
If that happens, runner-up Tamiko Nash from California will be
handed the crown, and she'll complete the remainder of the beauty queen's
Conner was crowned Miss USA in April.
Alexandra Stevenson - 14 December, 1980
Austin Pendleton - 14 December, 1940
Gene Barry - 14 December, 1974
Marge Redmon - 14 December, 1926
Michael Owen - 14 December, 1979
Patty Duke - 14 December, 1947
Patty Schnyder - 14 December, 1978
Phillip Reynolds - 14 December, 1982
Ted Raimi - 14 December, 1965
Yesterday -- Sleigh Ride -- Arthur Feidler & The Boston Pops
Today – “Hot sauce dripping”