First you have to wade through the "bad" and the "ugly", but hang with it. The good at the end makes it all worthwhile.
1. Michael Vick is an idiot.
2. Barry Bonds steroid use (oh, sorry, "alleged" steroid use) has turned him into the "Biggest Loser".
3. The New York Mets are pulling a '69 Cubs. Go Phillies!
4. Somebody has finally knocked some sense into Lovie Smith. (However Rex STILL doesn't get it.)
5. Did I already say "Michael Vick is an idiot? Well he's twice the idiot now with the whole marijuana thing.
6. It is not possible for there to be a worse division than the NL Central - the first place team loses and still has their magic number drop (Go Cubs) and the second place team loses, then claims "We're in a situation where we no longer control our own destiny." Huh?
7. Major League umpire Mike Winters is a total putz!
8. Milton Bradley (the player, not the board game manufacturer) has learned an important lesson anger management - manage the anger, save the knee!9. Notre Dame is 0-4 for the first time EVER. That's just sad.
9. Notre Dame is 0-4 for the first time EVER. That's just sad.
10. I remain a curse to the drivers I have selected for my NASCAR Fantasy League. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy "Lord, I do apologize!"
Despite all this goofiness and idiocy in sports, there are still some good things out there. One of our local schools, St. Joseph High School, has forfeited the remainder of their football season. The reason?: Too many injuries and not enough players to continue safely. And those players remaining on the varsity team are mainly sophomores. It's an incredible blow, but at the same time it's good to see someone do something for the right reason - the kids. "We cannot in good conscience put these kids back out there," St. Joseph athletic director Steve Nelson said. "To put them back in the same scenario as when they were getting hurt - we're not going to do it. These kids are our concern first and foremost."Good call, Steve.
Now that's the good side of sports, don't you agree?