January 2007 - Posts
Just found some awesome (well at least to me) pictures of a frozen tidal wave. They are really great, have a look at this link:
Have a great weekend!!
I found an interesting online contest at http://www.allamericandirect.com/photo_contest.html
It is an online photo scavenger hunt. Basically you have to take 6 digital pictures (listed below):
- Take a picture of yourself so we know what you look like.
- Act out a scene from your favorite movie, and don’t forget to include a caption so we know what it is you’re doing.
- Spell out the word “DISH” using any household item. (breakfast cereal, shoes, dog biscuits, etc) Be creative as possible.
- Send us your best impression of a bad cable installer
- Make a pyramid of dishes. Any type of non-breakable (plastic, paper, metal, etc.) dishes will do, and bonus points go to the tallest.
- Funny picture of person or animal watching tv.
They will then post the funniest and most craziest photos online. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded by a panel of judges. Here are the prizes:
- First Place: 32”Toshiba LCD Television
- Second Place: SPRB1 Sirius Sportster Receiver & Boombox
- Third Place: Super Slim 2 Channel Progressive Scan DVD.
A Few Notes:
- Creativity and Humor Count
- You may only enter one time and only one entry per household.
- This contest started January 3rd and ends January 31st. So if you want to enter, you better get snappin'!!
Here is an online contest we can all enter at www.guessandwinsweeps.com It is a Valentine's Day promotion with the USPS and Hershey. The Grand prize is $10,000 for a Romantic Getaway (but it is awarded as a $10,000 check, so I assume you can use it for whatever you want).
You have to guess how many Hershey Kisses can fit into a Standard USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box (dimensions: 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" x 13 5/8"). There is a limit of one entry allowed per person. Online Entries must be received by February 15, 2007 and the winner will be selected February 23, 2007.
The person who guesses the exact number (or closest to the number) of Hershey Kisses it takes to fill the Flat Rate Box, WITHOUT GOING OVER, will win the Grand Prize (if there is a more than 1 person with the correct amount, a random drawing will be held amongst those entries).
(1) Grand Prize: $10,000 check
(100) 1st Prizes: "IN THE MAILBOX With Love and Kisses" Bear ($9.99 ARV)
Good Luck Everyone!!
Well folks, it seems like an eternity since I have had time to come
over here. Hope everyone is ok. Anyway, seems like there is
neat new game that has just came out from Microsoft called Vanishing
Here's a little info on it:
Here's the game!
Good luck & lets have a fun time!
BTW, if you do go play & register, please enter my name as a
referral friend - nolanryan32NOSPAM@yahoo.com (remove the NOSPAM)
Thanks a bunch!