March 2007 - Posts
A Gentleman never makes anyone aware of their short-comings or inferiorities
- Simply put, if someone has something wrong with them, weather it be physical, mental, or otherwise, a gentlman never makes the person more aware of it than they already are. He treats them like he would treat his best friend. Don't ever tease anyone for the way God created them, it's rude and can hurt a person severly. Always treat others the way you want to be treated, I don't know about you, but I like to be treated like royalty, don't you? You and I aren't perfect, we have a mountain of flaws, and we should't remind people that they aren't either.
A Gentleman practices self-control
- A true gentleman, in essence is not a hot-head. He does not loose his temper in a frusterating and angering situation. He is also in control of his body and tongue. This simply means he thinks before he speaks and does things that could be considered unhealthy in extreme moderation or not at all. Preferedly the latter.
A Genleman practices random acts of kindne
ss- This one is easy. A Gentleman always practices doing random acts of kindness. This can be any thoughtful gesture that is not commonplace or done on a regular basis. It's hard to give an example because it could be anything. This involves doing things for someone that they normally do themselves or dread doing. This also involves NOT telling them that you did it or using it in the future for blackmail or doing it and expecting something in return. You must be a servant and strive to have a servants heart for this one to mean anything. When you do, random acts of kindness will mean more to you than to the person you are giving to.
A Gentleman will help turn a bad day into a good day
- A true gentleman will help turn anyone's bad day into a good day. Especially our ladies. When you have a bad day, it can be a real bummer, and get you down and out. A true gentleman will have something to say or do that can help turn a bad day into a good day. Learning this art will help others in a tremendous way. It requires being selfless and to have a willingness to serve others. This is a great one to learn.
A Gentleman respects his elders
- A Gentleman will always respect his elders, this means anyone that is older than you. They have more life experience than you do, they have been there and done that. You should always listen to what they have to say intentivly and consider all advice given to you by them. My dad always said son, if you want to be wise, walk with the wise. Your elders can be a great guide in your life, and they deserve your utmost respect.
A Gentleman asks if something is needed
- A true gentleman will ask in social and business settings if anyone is in need of anything. This is an old common courtesy to make sure that all, but especially our ladies are comftorable. For example, if you have people over to your house for a social event, once everyone is there and settled, it is polite to ask if anyone needs anything, (i.e.....such as something to drink, eat, or if the temperature in the room is comftorable for everyone). This is a great way to make everyone feel not only comftorable, but welcome. It will ensure that you will do whatever needs to be done to serve others.
A Gentleman gives his undivided attention- A Gentleman always gives his undivided attention to whoever is talking to him or addressing him. Especially for the ladies. Guys, listen to this next one and score major brownie points. When you go to a restaurant and your hostess seats you, help the lady with her seat, but make sure that your back is to the TV, this shows your special lady that you are there to dine with her and she has your undivided attention. When at home, and your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister, whoever the special lady is says she needs to talk, or for a lot of ladies just comes in the room and starts talking....turn off the TV, and turn your body toward her and give her your undivided attention. Guys, undivided attention does NOT give you permission to stare, that's rude. Again, it's one of those things that is a balance and is often hard to learn. But it will be worth it, trust me.
A Gentleman never preasures
- A Gentleman will never preasure anyone into doing something they are uncomftorable doing. This not only makes the person feel uncomftorable, it is extremely rude to put someone in that position. A Gentleman is easy to be around.
A Gentleman never interupts
- A true gentleman never interupts anyone when they are speaking. This is extremely rude, especially when you interupt a lady. When you are with a lady and you interupt her, it makes her feel as if what she has not say is not important. You might as well slap her in the face and say be quiet woman. That's how it makes her feel. Want a stress-free, non-frusterated woman in your life? Don't interupt.
A Gentleman is Honest- A true gentleman is always honest, in everything he says, does, and represents, he is always honest. This includes even when it may be hurtful to himself or the people around him, he will still choose to be honest. Growing up, there were many thing that my parents could tolerate, lying, however was not one of them. It was the thing I got in the most trouble for. It was the hardest spanking. The Bible says let your yes be your yes and your no be your no, in other words, say what you mean, and do what you say you're going to do, and above all tell the truth.
A Gentleman is confident
- A Gentleman is confident in himself, his abilities, and what he has to offer. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and a gentleman must learn this balance. Being cocky is downright rude, and no lady wants to be with a man who is that, but a true gentleman's confidence will shine through and show everyone, including the lady that you are with, that you can handle any situation that is thrown at you. A gentleman shakes hands firmly and speaks up to let the people he comes in contact with that not only is he there, but he belongs there. Want to know if you have enough confidence, look to your left and look to your right, is there a lady there, or are there people in your area wanting to hear what you have to say? Do people enjoy being around you? Do people get bored with you quickly? These are signs that you may or may not have enough confidence.
Wait just a second, are you kidding me? Sanjaya? What in the crap was he thinking? Are you serious? If he had any cool points, he lost them all with that performance and that Dianna Ross looking hair. I don't get it. Wait, yes I do, I keep forgetting this show's target audience are young teenage girls. And they all vote. It's crazy. But seriously, after that performance, and that hair flop, he has got to go home, if he doesn't, then America is stupid. Put him on a camel and send it back home. I can't take it anymore. By the way, if you aren't that good, and you know it and you're doing Dianna Ross songs, please don't pick her multi-platinum, best feel-good song ever and ruin it with a lame half-hearted performance like that. Someone should smack him. Seriously. I miss Sundance. Ahhh, oh well.
A Gentleman is on time
- The Bible commands us to be good stewards of everything God has blessed us with, and that is....well....everything. This includes our time. A gentleman is always on time and prompt in his appointments and commitments. How important or insugnificant the task may seem, we should give our best, we should be there early ready to do what has been required of us. This includes scheduled times with special ladies. When you are late, you are inconveniencing others and that is rude and inconsiderate. Get there early, and set your clocks ahead ten minutes if you have a problem.
A Gentleman always uses appropriate conversation
- A true gentleman will always use appropriate conversation around a lady. He will never talk about normal grotest guy things. In order to be specific I will have to tell you what some of them are. We shouldn't use foul language, crude languate, rude language or any innaproprate talk of any kind. This include all bodily functions, talking down or making fun of anyone including people with disabilities. Inappropriate talk is hard to define, so let's just leave it at this. If you have to question weather or not it's inappropriate, then it probably is, and you shouldn't speak of it around a lady.
Next page »
If a lady is cold, a Gentleman always offers her his coat, or helps her put on her own.- If a lady is cold, a true gentleman will always offer a lady his coat. If she accepts, he will then take it off, help her put it on, or wrap it around her shoulders. It's her preference. If a lady has a coat of her own, a gentleman will always assist her in putting it on by holding it open and guididng her arms into the sleeves and draping it on. This is not just when you are outside, this can be before you leave the house. Again, this show the lady that you are there to take care of her.