"Gold Rush Goes Hollywood" in September

Published Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:11 PM
Finally some details
AOL announced today that Gold Rush is making its return this fall, exclusively on AOL (http://www.aol.com). As with the original, Gold Rush Goes Hollywood is co-produced by legendary TV pioneer Mark Burnett. The groundbreaking interactive game lets players turn their pop culture smarts into real gold. The original Gold Rush attracted nearly 11 million users and five blue chip sponsors.

Gold Rush Goes Hollywood is scheduled to launch in September with some exciting new twists and innovations. This years theme is Gold Rush Goes Hollywood and the interactive game and themes will reflect current celebrity trivia and groundbreaking entertainment news. It will build on the success of the first years interactive game and video experiences, by combining them into a daily interactive game show, where everyone can watch and play to win exciting prizes over the course of the seven week period. The video and game-play experiences will be seamlessly connected in an engaging and entertaining new format which takes full advantage of the medium. And, for the Grand Finale, five finalists will literally hunt for gold in Hollywood, where one lucky winner will walk away with the million dollar prize.

I like the finale actually having people hunt.  This should be interesting.  Is it September yet?

If you have a Digg account - Digg!

Source

Comments

# scoutmom said on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:51 PM

Finally!!! Some REAL news!!

Thanks, Goldmaster!

# Treasure Hunter said on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:53 PM

Finally!! Scout, you beat me to it!!

I can't wait guys this is going to be a blast again!

# The_Voice777 said on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:14 PM

yeah baby......these next few months need to fly by....see you all in chat and on location again when we post the fastest times

# scoutmom said on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:16 PM

Oh, Voice!! What a doll!!!! She is so cute...you must be one of the world's proudest daddies.

# alexis4504 said on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:24 PM

September!!!  That seems so far away!!  Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait and play Steeple Media Gold Rush to practice,  LOL.

Can't wait to see you all in September!!

Alexis

P.S.  Atleast we have the Volvo treasure hunt next month to keep us busy!!

# Zach said on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:01 AM

Sept! Oh no... thats TV premeirs... I dont want to have to watch Jericho again, or did it get canceled yet?

# sguddes said on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:07 AM

Yeah I can't wait.   Voice your baby is sooo cute.  Glad to see you post.

# madmad said on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:46 AM

I will practice my typing speed, spelling and observation skills, as well as puzzle skills.  Have been playing JT400 (getting lots of clue finding methods and sites).  Anybody wanta be my gold buddy? Joy ~  scruffy5919 aka madmad

# DopePedler said on Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:43 PM

Should be an exciting summer with Volvo, Spiderman3, Pirates and then no let down in the fall with goldrush. Who needs Prozac? We have all of this to boost our mood!

# KCkrazykat said on Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:31 AM

YEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!!!

I still have the only black (final round) shirt for GR that I've seen in KC area (anybody else in the area on here?)

Looking to make it "2"! And If I win any money as a result, great too!!!!

Hint to all: I have been trying the new ISP peoplepc.com take my advice DON'T DO IT. I have had nothing but problems with this... more so than with any other software I have ever used. It likes to drop the connection after about 15 or 20 min if you don't keep refreshing the home page, and sometimes you can't access any other web pages because the browser screws up. I've had more problems with my MS ie browser with this ISP... yet nothing is wrong with it, and peoplepc wants me to sit on the phone with tech support for $2 min to fix it (I guess they think I have stupid written across my forehead). Yes it's cheaper than AOL... but that's the ONLY advantage...

I cannot get into the chat room anymore... somebody em me ghettowhitelady@aol.com with the link for the chat room... miss our times there. I need a good laugh ya'll...

Holding my breath until Sept (jk)

# The_Voice777 said on Friday, April 27, 2007 9:06 AM

HEY EVERYBODY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE COMPLIMENTS ON MY LITTLE ANGEL, YES I AM VERY PROUD AND HAVE BEEN VERY BLESSED BY OUR WONDERFUL LORD WITH AN INCREDIBLE FAMILY AND AMAZING LIFE EXPERIENCES, AND I AM SO HAPPY TO CALL YOU ALL MY FRIENDS AND LOOK FORWARD SO MUCH TO PLAYING TOGETHER AGAIN REAL SOON. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO ADD ME AS A GOLD BUDDY OR NEEDS TO ADD ME TO MESSENGER FOR HELP WITH A CHALLENGE OR IF YOU EVER JUST NEED TO TALK AND VENT FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP. GOTTA SEND A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO MY GOOD FRIENDS THAT I MISS AND THINK ABOUT OFTEN, JUST WISH THERE WAS MORE TIME IN THE DAY TO LET YOU ALL KNOW(CINDY,SNICKERS,BUSHES,SCRUFF,MATT,DEE,TREASURE,TAMMY,MAR,MELLISSA, ALEXIS) AND SO MANY OTHERS THAT I KNOW I MAY HAVE NOT LISTED HERE BUT STILL HAVE YOUR NAME IN MY HEART....JUST DONT WANT YELLED AT FOR SUCH A LONG POST. ANYHOW LOVE TO YOU ALL AND SEE YA SOON.

PUT UP A NEW PIC FOR YOU ALL TO SEE. ALSO WILL BE POSTING A BUNCH ON MY SPACE PAGE FOR THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY ON MY FRIENDS LIST.

GOD BLESS

JACK BAUER

# The_Voice777 said on Friday, April 27, 2007 10:02 AM

Sorry I had a brainfart earlier, just realized i didnt give you the ID to add me LOL. I can be reached on yahoo messenger ssosa1975. you can e-mail me there also.

Jack Bauer

# stressedfairy said on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:06 PM

Ahhh I can't wait.
I have missed you guys, Fun and games in the fall. Oh by the way I eneded up with 2 t-shirts.

Stacy

# mRatledge said on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:48 AM

oooo - another chance to beat the clock!  Just kidding of course, folks...

Hope to see EVERYONE back on the IRC channel soon - mRat

# bluecabinlady said on Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:57 AM

Can't wait till Sept. seems like years since we played the game hope they have the bugs worked out this time around LOL  HOPE EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TODAY