Bond-bursters and cord-casters

Published Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:58 AM
"Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, 3 “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.”----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Psalm 2, a look at David's day and a Messianic prophecy, tells us that the kings and rulers of the earth have actively planned a rebellion against God. In the verses quoted here, they set themselves up AGAINST the LORD and His Anointed, specifically by their plans and efforts to "burst THEIR bonds apart" and "cast away THEIR cords from us." Here is my question: What are these bonds that originate from the LORD and His Anointed? What are these cords of God that the kings and rulers are actively working to cast away from them?

Comments

# WesleySonofCornelius said on Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:05 PM

In the time of David, the cords and bonds would be the rule of David.  In the time of Jesus, the cords and bonds would be the rule of Jesus.  Just as the Canaanite kings wished they were not accountable to David, today's kings wished they were not accountable to Jesus.

# Joe Napalm said on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:30 AM

Napoleon: "Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself all founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon sheer force. Jesus Christ alone founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men will die for him. In every other existence but that of Christ, how many imperfections? From the first day to the last he is the same, always the same: majestic and simple, infinitely firm and infinitely gentle. He proposes to our faith a series of mysteries, and commands with authority that we should believe them, giving no other reason than those tremendous words, 'I am God.' What audacity, what sacrilege, what blasphemy in that declaration, it if were not true."

# Bahnsen8 said on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:21 PM

I just received the following letter in the mail from the President of the United States: "Mr. B8, thank you for your lively and eloquent posts at that most excellent webstop, steeplemedia. While I do enjoy most of what you have to say, I really find WesleySonofCornelius' posts most intriguing. B8, thank you for your recent letter giving me suggestions on how to run the country, especially your comments on "Kissing the Son", which I find both troubling and appealing in light of my past and current ideas of religion, truth, origins, political philosophy and human reason. But, could you please ask Mr. WesleySonofCornelius to share his thoughts with me? I now know what 3 things B8 would do with his executive order powers if he were President, but I cannot wait to discover what Mr. WesleySonofCornelius would do. And, I am even more curious to know how Mr. WesleySonofCornelius would justify his position (since I now know how you, B8, would justify your actions). Well, gotta get back to my BLACKberry. Ha, you like that, BLACK in all caps, isn't that funny?! Man, B8, can you believe they actually call me black, as if I am more black than white. Anyways, hold on to the audacity. I'll tell Jeremiah you said hello."-----------------------------------------------------------Well, Wesley?

# WesleySonofCornelius said on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:35 PM

I would throw the letter away.  I think it is a hoax.  ;-)

# Joe Napalm said on Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:58 AM

A letter from the first black president? Well, bless my soul.

# Bahnsen8 said on Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:25 PM

A hoax, you say!? How can it be? This government would never be a part of a hoax! No, never!-----------------------------------------------------------------Don't you love the most recent word for stealing: "stimulus"?