Name that medical practice

Published Friday, April 04, 2008 9:47 PM

OK, steeple friends, I would like your serious (well, ok, some jokes allowed) input regarding a name for a medical practice. And, if you can't think of a name, give me the principles you would use to name a medical practice.

Thanks in advance.

B8

Comments

# Fluffy Cow said on Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:19 PM

B8 and Tackle's Cheap but Good Doctorin'

# Fluffy Cow said on Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:20 PM

ok... maybe not...

# Fluffy Cow said on Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:24 PM

Most Dr offices I've come across are named something cold and uncaring and bland.  If I had a pick, I'd go for something short (Please consider the receptionist!) that gets across personal attention and Biblical approach.

# Bahnsen8 said on Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:52 AM

I knew I could count on you, Fluffy. Great point about making phone calls easy! I have come to the same set of principles that you listed.

OK, so give me a word for each of the following categories:

1. Personal attention

2. Biblical approach

This should be fun. (I also think a word incorporating the location - ie a city or region or state name)

# Joe Napalm said on Monday, April 07, 2008 2:08 PM

How about just using your name? Or incorporating the town, county or region name? I'm always leery of blatantly Christian names for organizations. They're normally homo-hating, holier-than-thou Bible-thumpers. I say use your name, build a reputation in the community and just love on people. They'll know you're a Christian by your works.

# Housewife said on Monday, April 07, 2008 3:56 PM

Upon reflection, when it comes to choosing a practice, I've noticed that I tend to choose ones that end with the words "Family Practice" or "Family Medicine."

# fleur_de_lis said on Monday, April 07, 2008 4:01 PM

All of these are good ideas! Let us know what you decide on.

# Bahnsen8 said on Monday, April 07, 2008 7:36 PM

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Joe, I too usually end up disappointed with the various overtly Christian-named businesses with which I interact. Yet, I want to always acknowledge God in this endeavor, without being disrespectful or pushy. I am seeking to find a name that can capture this. All in all, though, the key is what you have said above. Just love people as God calls us to love. Do you think using my name would be calling attention to myself? or would it be a way to make me even more accountable and dilligent?

Housewife, I also would like to include "family" in the name. Because I will take care of folks of all ages, and because the daily workings of the clinic will be (partially for now, fully in the future) run by my family and I together, and because family conveys the idea of genuine concern and care.

I have lots of good ideas, but I don't want the name to be too long. I will let you know when I decide.

# Housewife said on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:28 AM

I was parked outside an eye doctor's office yesterday, and I noticed both the name and the logo.  The name had Family as part of it, and the logo was a silhouette of a mom and dad with several kids.  It was very appealing!

# Fluffy Cow said on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:31 PM

(Name of town or area) Family Centric Practice (or Family Centric Medicine)

# ivey_family said on Friday, April 11, 2008 2:47 PM

What about something related to Luke since he was a doctor?